Saturday, November 22, 2008

Candice Gingrich Writes To Brother Newt

Candace Gingrich is mad, and I don't blame her one bit. She happens to have an astoundingly hypocritical brother who is a self-appointed defender of traditional marriage. Her brother, thrice-married Newt, dumped his first wife while she was in the hospital recovering from uterine cancer and then married a younger one he'd been having an affair with while his wife was ill. Once the divorce became final, he refused to make his child support payments. Gory details here.

This self-styled defender of marriage is just another slimeball hypocrite trying to drum up support by gaybashing.

Dear Newt,

I recently had the displeasure of watching you bash the protestors of the Prop 8 marriage ban to Bill O'Reilly on FOX News. I must say, after years of watching you build your career by stirring up the fears and prejudices of the far right, I feel compelled to use the words of your idol, Ronald Reagan, "There you go, again."

However, I realize that you may have been a little preoccupied lately with planning your resurrection as the savior of your party, so I thought I would fill you in on a few important developments you might have overlooked.

The truth is that you're living in a world that no longer exists. I, along with millions of Americans, clearly see the world the way it as -- and we embrace what it can be. You, on the other hand, seem incapable of looking for new ideas or moving beyond what worked in the past.

Welcome to the 21st century, big bro. I can understand why you're so afraid of the energy that has been unleashed after gay and lesbian couples had their rights stripped away from them by a hateful campaign. I can see why you're sounding the alarm against the activists who use all the latest tech tools to build these rallies from the ground up in cities across the country.

Read the entire letter at Huffington Post