Friday, December 21, 2007

The IH-35 'Gay Cure' Was a Lie From The Start.



The Dallas Voice is reporting that the operators of the so-called "ex-gay" ministry, Heartland World Ministries Church, were fully aware that James Stabile had not been 'cured' and was planning to leave the congregation when they asked him to an interview on Pat Robertson's 700 Club in a piece that received wide attention on the internet and in news media. Stabile says that they persuaded him to stop taking his medication for bipolar disorder and as a result he was acting impulsively.




Stabile, meanwhile, apologized to the LGBT community this week and said he hopes his story will discourage others from entertaining ideas that they can change their sexual orientations. Stabile also provided a glimpse inside the ex-gay treatment facility where he went before returning to his parents’ home in Richardson in early December.

“If I could, I would take back everything I’ve said,” Stabile told Dallas Voice. “I’ve hurt a lot of people in the gay community, and I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. “I’m not here to get any attention,” he added.


“I’m here to say to people that I want to help prevent other young gay guys from experiencing what I experienced, because I don’t want them to be hurt, and I was hurt really badly.” Stabile, diagnosed with bipolar disorder about a year ago, said he hadn’t taken his medication in 2 and-a-half weeks and had been drinking when he encountered the group from Heartland on the strip Friday, Sept. 28.



This is the 700 Club Video